Sunday, March 19, 2006

MY FAVORITE COMEDY LINE EXCHANGE FROM A 70'S SIT COM: GOOD TIMES

"Your Mamma called you Mad Dog."



I was watching the DVD of my favorite 1970's television show this weekend. It's Good Times with J.J., Thelma, Michael, James and Florida. The episode I'm referring to is JJ and The Gang. It's when JJ is forced to fight with the Chicago gang the St.

MAD DOG (ABOVE) 31 YEARS LATER

Nights. And when they arrive to pick him up for the big gang fight JJ's sister Thelma confronts the leader of the gang Mad Dog...


Mad Dog: "Hey sweet thang what's your name, I'm Mad Dog???"

Thelma: "Thelma."

Mad Dog: "Thelma????"

Saint Nights: (Laughter)

Mad Dog: "Where you get a weird name like, Thelma???"

Thelma: "When I was born my mamma took one look at me and called me Thelma, just like
your mamma took one look at you and called you MAD DOG."

Audience: (Laughter)

Saint Nights Member: "Hey Mad Dog, you want me to punch her out man????"


THIS IS EXCHANGE ON THIS EPISODE IS HILARIOUS TO ME...YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE IT TO APPRECIATE IT...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:13 AM

    I remember that episode it was really funy but sad because jj got shot by mad dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I were talking about this show just the other day... wondering what happened to "Michael" and "Thelma".

    We know what JJ is up to, and we all know how cute little Janet Jackson turned out, but what about "Michael" and "Thelma"?

    What a great show, and what a great episode. Thanks for the memory! (And thanks to capitalism, commercialism, and DVD technology that has brought these great shows back to us!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:55 PM

    where did you find that picture of Mad Dog.

    ReplyDelete