
CVS PHARMACY SAY IT AIN'T SO...SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!

Okay, I'll start by saying I'm not obsessed by parking issues but it is a pet peeve of mine. First, let me say I have absolutely enjoyed Houston since moving here 5 years ago. It is one of my favorite cities that I have lived in. But here's my problem, parking. I have never seen so many people in one city hoping to get rich off of parking. I was going to a local restaurant in MidTown this week and I needed to park. Parking is almost a luxury in that part of town. The only available parking was in the lot of a local CVS pharmacy...and they were charging. What in the ----. $6.00 to park at a store that's otherwise not using the lot. I know it's selfish to think you could park anywhere in Houston for free but CVS charging to park. So, desperate to catch the people in my party I paid. But as I was parking Fast Tow was out and about actually towing people if they didn't pay the $6.00. This is one of the reasons why I resist going downtown... parking. Just look at my previous post about parking. And Here's another story: Well, anyway I was going to an establishment in downtown Houston one night and wanted to park next to the business. As I get out of my car I'm almost bomb-rushed by the attendant. $30 sir $30 sir. To park downtown, I was floored. And then he had to nerve to tell me he recognized me from the news and if I wanted "baller parking" (VIP parking for the square folk out there) it would be $60 dollars. I don't even play ball. Why would I pay $60 to park in VIP, and why would I even be willing to pay $30 to park. So I left and settled for $15 parking a block away. I think the city of Houston in this case needs to step in on private enterprise and cap downtown parking rates. It's out of control. I've already mentioned this to one council member and they agree it's a problem but they remind me it's free enterprise. Well I say free enterprise is killing downtown. I think many people decide not to go downtown because of the lack of parking and secondly, the very expensive parking. Just me ranting again about parking.
isiah i think you are obsessed with parking but i do agree with you on the high price of parking
ReplyDeleteHi, Isiah--
ReplyDeleteSorry to know about all your
parking troubles...
But one basic question about those
CVS Pharmacy parking lot fee collectors:
Do they (or CVS)have a permit to
run a parking lot enterprise or
business IN ADDITION to running
a pharmacy?
Do they have a DBA on file with
Harris County to do that?
If you had to write a check to
pay them, who would it be made
out to?
And are they properly set up to
be conducting a dual business?
(Pharmacy and parking lot)
And are they paying taxes on what
they're collecting on the parking enterprise?
Maybe CVS' Corporate offices need
to be made aware of that...Is the
money collected really going to
CVS? Or is someone local pocketing
it unbeknownest to CVS?
I'd contact CVS Corporate about
that..!
I don't play ball either, but I am a baller of a different sort.
ReplyDeleteIsiah, welcome to the big city. During the early '90's, the hieght of the drug trade boom, young blacks freely threw their money away on things like this, along with spending $150 to get into nightclubs just to be with the incrowd. Thank your own brothers and sisters for that. I've been in Houston 16 years and I've not been around so many low self esteemed ignorant people in my life.
ReplyDeleteI thought D-Town Atlanta was bad,but it's about 10% better,but not by much. There's some space there. There's always something going on....but some will use Martar as an alternate transportation in order to get in and out without the headache of parking etc. I can remember having to impatiently search for parking to go to the park while in Houston. I can relate. Those are some real serious prices though, I don't think I've come across $30 or $60 in Atlanta,but it's possible,just not for me. And the bad break is as long as the volume of people increases the parking will remain the same it works hand in hand, it's makes more money. New Orleans was just about the same,big busines in a small capacity area, it's a catch.
ReplyDelete