
STRIPPER MUSIC DOESN'T SIT WELL WITH QUANELL X!!!!!
Minister Quanell X, leader of the New Black Panther Nation in Houston, has filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission for the broadcast of an obscene, profane and indecent song entitled "I m N Luv with a Stripper" remix which allegedly aired on the local radio station KBXX 97.9 The Box at approximately 9:40 p.m. on Saturday, March 25, 2006 while driving with his family. Minister X will also hold a protest with other community leaders today, Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 4:00 p.m. in front of KBXX 97.9 The Box headquarters located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900 Houston, Texas 77046. Quanell X tells The Insite by phone "we in the black community, if we had heard a white disc jockey say they are tired of niggers...community activist would be upset...so we need to respond to a song like 'I'm N Luv with a Stripper' on the Boxx. Where is the consistency from African American leaders where we will hold our on people accountable...I'm not against the rap community...but I'm absolutely against that rap that put our people mentally asleep...We must hold the radio station accountable for not censoring that song. If they had respect for the community they wouldn't play that song..." No response from the Boxx just yet...
THE BOXX RESPONDS: Terry Thomas program director for the Boxx says this about the unedited version of the song playing on their station: "It was a mistake. The c-d was mislabeled from the record company. As soon as the d.j. heard the unedited version he immediately got out of it."
I feel where quanel is coming from but that song is jammin!!!! I think there is
ReplyDeletesome truth to what he is saying but not in this case. This is not a malicious
song. its a playful song about stripper worship.
LISTEN TO ME!!!!! I'M IN ALL CAPITALS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteEXCLAIMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it was a white dj he would have been fired within the hour. Mr. X welcome to the double standard, alive and well in the world today! It isn't diplomatic, sometimes the short end of the stick falls to the black man, or the asian, or to a woman, but alas, the double standard will not go away.
ReplyDeleteLet's not dodge the issue here, buddy. The real matter here is that the song is jammin.
ReplyDeleteInteresting – this has nothing to do with race. The problem is, Quanell. I personally HATE that song, but Quanell will do anything to be on TV. What he needs is Jesus and a real job….Tea
ReplyDeleteJesus loves strippers, too.
ReplyDeleteIf it was an asian dj, he would have been criticized for his driving skillz.
ReplyDeleteI am all about standing up for issues and holding rallies and protest, but this is bull sh@#$...Of all the major issues facing Black America, he picks "I'm in love with a Stripper" as his fight. This is why no one takes us seriously as a community. We already have a muffled voice in the community, and when we finally do gain some sort of media attention this is what its for. Something has to be wrong with this man! We still do not have economic equality, we still have inferior schools, we still selling dope on the corners, and etc...so many issues that Quanell could be fighting for, but he chooses a song......check out my website if you really want to fight for real issues.. www.kingbentertainment.net
ReplyDeletePeace and Greatness in '06
Anon 1:20, I know what you mean about the double standard. Everytime I have been pulled over by a police officer, I think of those dreaded double standards.
ReplyDeleteI am another that hate that song and the disturbing thing is the number of people that cannot see what's wrong with it and on the radio format it is on.
But to raise even more questions, I was listening to 104 KRBE on last week and heard something I have yet to hear on 97.9 KBXX The Box. And that was the same song but the lyrics had been changed to " I'm in Love with a DANCER ". I wonder why KBXX doesn't choose to use the "Dancer" version?
How does Quanell support his extravagant life style? Does he have a real job? How did he pay for that Hummer that he drives around town? Is he a shake-down artist like Jesse Jackson who gets paid off by big white businesses who want to keep him quiet? Come on fess up Mr. X? Maybe Isiah needs to do a story about how you live so well with no visible means of support.
ReplyDeleteI agree! Investigate him Isiah. There is something crooked about him...Tea
ReplyDeleteIt's about time someone locally has brought attention to the garbage music played on 97.9 and other stations as well. It's a great fight to fight, because the station influences millions on young adults each day. Quannel fights to bring attention to anything affecting the black community, self serving or not, he gets the attention of the media and that is effective. Get out of his pocket, its not you f****** buisiness.
ReplyDeleteClear Channel sucks! The songs that get played on the radio aint jammin' and neither is this wack ass song! If you wanna hear some real rap music, listen to Damage Control on Wednesday nights from 11:59pm until 2:00am on 90.1---
ReplyDeleteAlthough I agree with Quanell X that the song was inappropriate, I am not sure why he expected anything different from a station as classless as 97.9 the Boxx. The station makes it's money by peddling stereotypes and exploiting the community it claims to serve.
ReplyDeleteDoes anything really sit well with Quanell??? He is against everything except making money...doesn't he live out in the woodlands and drives a really nice fully loaded ride? He is nothing like the civil right's leaders of the 50's, 60's, or even today. Andrew Young, MLK and other wouldn't even give him the time of day!
ReplyDeleteclear channel does not own 97.9
ReplyDeleteHow can Quanell X represent anyone he was one of the biggest drug dealers in Houston Texas. He may have been a rapper himself until half of his family ended in jail or dead.
ReplyDeleteQuanell, you need to get the blacks,niggers,unlce toms,africans,spooks, or any other name the goverment created for you, and demand a real court. not the criminal courts run by criminals.face the truth . how many blacks get released? stop dealing with the criminals.http://wtpfit.freeservers.com/ unless you think jesse jackson has a better plan to restore right and wrong.we are all in the wrong court. I never respond to ALL CAPS. help quanell
ReplyDeleteThey recently had a funeral here in Liberty, TX for a fallen Marine who was killed in Iraq. No two days later, the grave site was desecrated and flowers and wreaths along with their stands were taken. Soon after, an AF-Ro American with a long criminal record was arrested for the crime. Thought maybe Quanell X could visit the soldier's family and explain why this poor, misguided Af-ro American had been mistreated by the Caucasians and it wasn't really his fault. Also, of note, how come so many Af-ro Americans found all those buses to ride to Jena, La., and couldn't seem to find any when a hurricane was on the way.
ReplyDelete