

STOP HATIN OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When Congressman Tom DeLay announced he was resigning he selected only a few local media outlets to do interviews with - ABC 13 and The Insite were two of them. 24 hours later there are whispering reporters spreading rumors of deals being cut to get the DeLay interview. The latest rumor is ABC13 promised not to include any political analysis in the DeLay interview and that's how they got the interview. I can say unequivocally there was no deal cutting with The Insite on FOX 26 to get the DeLay interview. I called his press rep Shannon Flaherty who gave me a certain amount of time to make it over to Total Video to get an interview on camera. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to DeLay before he had to take a plane flight to Washington D.C. at 11 a.m. Tuesday morning. However, the embattled Congressman did take time out and call The Insite giving an over the phone interview which aired on FOX 26. But my big concern is how journalist easily turn on each other in situations like this. If ABC did agree not to include political analysis in their first interview with DeLay - so what - big deal. They got the interview. That's all that counts. If you choose to allow the interview subject to give their side of the story with a capable interviewer who is able to question any inconsistencies then there shouldn't be a problem. I have long noticed unlike firefighters, police officers or even lawyers - in "most cases" there is not a lot of respect among journalist for one another. There's a lot of hatin' going on. I can't tell you how many times I've been told by individuals who I have interviewed that other reporters have approached them and ask why did you give that exclusive to him - those reporters then proceed to say either no one watches their channel or he's horrible. Now that's hatin or as Riley on the Boondocks would say "A b---- ass move." Can't all of us reporters just come together and sing "We Are The World." And great job to ABC 13 for getting the interview with DeLay, I know I got mine.
ABC 13 LOGO COURTESY ; KTRK TELEVISION
great job Isiah. Who'd ever thought reporters were just as bad as rappers.
ReplyDeleteO.
I am a reporter in Houston. And I couldn't have articulated this point any better. You've hit the nail right on the head.
ReplyDeleteJulie Jameson here, again. Isiah, you know reporters/anchors are the most insecure people in the world. Think Tammy, Paula, and those others who would walk over their dead mother to get a story that might make national headlines. "If it weren't for the equipment and people, TV News would be a wonderful industry," said Lou Short.
ReplyDelete