Sunday, December 26, 2010

PHILLY RADIO STATION REPORTS TEENA MARIE HAS DIED!

WDAS, a radio station in Philadelphia, is reporting that R&B legend Teena Marie has died.  The adult radio station is reporting the singer died as a result of a heart attack.  The 54 year old singer is known for being one of the first White artists to sign and sing at Motown Records back in 1979.  Marie is also known for songs like Lover Girl, Casanova Brown and duets with Rick James.  WDAS is reporting funeral services are being arranged.  The Insite will get more information as it becomes available!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:11 PM

    R&B has truly lost a legend. You will be missed, Rest in Peace Lady T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too sad truly a legend...RIP

    ReplyDelete
  3. JLove7:20 PM

    We will never forget you Teena! r and B will not be the same without you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:25 PM

    Please say it aint so I love her music OMG NO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:04 PM

    I will pray for her family so sad! I have been listening to old tracks sucka fo ya love, square biz, behind the grove and fire and desire! Her music will live on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:59 PM

    I love her music I was listening to her today with my children telling them how great a singer she is then to hear 4hrs later she has left us. She will be truly miss. RIP Teena My prayers goes out to her family in this terrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:23 AM

    Lady T.....one of the handful of singers I've known and respected, that has spoken to me through song over the course of my lifetime. Her music transcinded both time and race. She will be missed, but her music will live forever.

    ReplyDelete