LIKE THIEVES IN THE NIGHT THEY GOT YOU!!!!!


This is the site that just kills me...people parked at meters in downtown Houston that are victimized when the the meter maids show up out of no where with the blue bags. The clueless driver then finds himself at a meter that's now off limits. You get a fat $65.00 ticket. It happened to me a month ago. The city of Houston should place up signs saying "Hey Dummy, even though you paid for this spot ten minutes ago you're still breaking the law and you're gonna get a big ticket." I think it's a scheme by parking enforcement to dig deep in our pockets. City Council Members where are you - make an ordinance for proper signage warning us poor Houston drivers that you're rolling into a trap.
UPDATE: THE INSITE IS EXPECTING A RESPONSE FROM CITY MUNICIPAL COURT ON THIS ISSUE...
RESPONSE: CITY COUNCILMAN AND CHAIRMAN OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE RONALD GREEN, WHO ALSO OVERSEES MUNICIPAL COURT, TELLS THE INSITE - THIS ISSUE IS A DEFINITE CONCERN AND HE WILL TAKE A LOOK AT THE CONCERN TO ENSURE CITIZENS ARE NOT CAUGHT OFF GUARD BY THIS PROCESS...
this is why I don't go downtown. Parking is horrible.
ReplyDeletethanks for getting these pictures. i may use them in court for my case.
ReplyDeleteWhy didnt you post a picture of the ticket? Perhaps it did not exist?
ReplyDeleteYou like to play fast and loose with the "facts," Isiah. And cover stories that dont even merit attention in a conversation between two crackheads. Like the idiotic story about soap in the jail fed to you by an disgruntled, if not lucky to be emmployed, person in the city jail.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI too was bitten by this unruly COH trap.. I work Part Time @ the Toyota Center. When I'm scheduled to show up on game nights @ 6 pm, I usually
ReplyDeletepark on LaBranch in front of that power station. Last month, I pulled up to the spot that I usually park in, around 5:50pm. (Street parking is
not available from 4-6pm, but most people esp. on Rockets game nights, start parking on the streets around this time.) I waited in my car, until 5:55 pm. By this time Labranch street parking was starting to fill up, and I had to go inside to check in. Anyway, After the game I noticed that their was a lovely green envelope waiting for me. Come to find out that I parked in a no parking zone. And for the kicker, they must've waited for me to leave my vehicle because the ticket was written @ 5:56pm! So they were WAITING for people to leave their cars so that they could write these tickets! Esp. on game nights where it can get a bit hectic, they should be some leeway.
But I guess not.
great story- this happens much too often in houston
ReplyDelete