
MANY OF THEM FORGOT TO CALL THE INSITE WHAT THEY REALLY WANTED TO!!!!
Your comments are always welcomed here on the blog. But many of our readers have taken strong offense to the burning cross on the Rosenthal-Alvarado story. And I'm getting a large number of comments that are just too good to be hidden in the comment section. So I decided to give them their own post. The Insite has been called everything from a racist to an inept reporter. I thought I'd share some of the comments with you...The issue some are offended by is the attention grabbing cross and they feel any implication of racism is just downright silly and non-sense. Now keep in mind this story comes from individuals who are close and or involved in the Bonus-Gate probe. It's just their perspective but certain readers feel it has no validity and shouldn't be addressed at all. All of these anonymous posters forgot to call me what they really had in mind, but it's cool The Insite will forgive them. Here are some of their comments:
AND WE START WITH THE BEST FIRST -
UPDATE: THE RACIST ANONYMOUS POSTER STRIKES AGAIN:
(THE INSITE WILL KEEP A RUNNING TALLY ON THE VILE SPEWING VENOM)
Anonymous said... (P.S. THIS IS THE SAME RACIST WHO POST THE FIRST MESSAGE BELOW)
Some people feel more comfortable being anonymous because we now live in an era that embraces the McCarthyism of the Left. People who express Conservative thought are unfairly targeted by you guys for our diverse opinion. I agree that racism is alive and well. White men are the only group that is legally (but unconstitutionally) discriminated against. And this discrimination is enforced by the US government! So people who have benefitted from preferential treatment their entire careers, while implying that I'm a racist can pretend they're being honest, but we both know better. So if you must address me, you can simply call me anonymous one. Or not. I don't care. If I don't respect your reporting or your politics, I hardly think I could respect your opinion.
8:57 PM
Anonymous said...Very ugly Isiah. You're one of the least interesting and informative reporters on the local scene. All of your "stories" are thinly veiled political and racist attacks. Your credibility begins and ends with the bitter, biggoted, angry leftists that embrace Hugo Chavez and curse President Bush. You're an affirmative-action joke.
8:25 PM
Anonymous said...
Agreed...This is my first and last visit here...you must be starved for attention to throw something like this into the mix...
12:19 PM
Anonymous said...
Wow, a burning cross...nice sensationalist, inflammatory journalism. Guys like you are the reason the media totally sucks.
1:37 PM
Anonymous said...
Nice goin Isiah. Nothing like exposing yourself for the racist you really are.
5:31 PM
Anonymous said...
"Sources say". That's a cop out. Come on Ike, who are the sources? Let them be men or women and stand up for their statements.
1:01 PM
Anonymous said...
I don't know if the DA is going after the pro tem because he is racist or not- the truth is he can go after whoever he wants but they still have to be doing something wrong. Someone mentioned the former police chief, yeah he was black , and a democrat, but he was also doing some things WRONG! Even if Alvorado didn't actually approve those bonuses she should go because it happenned under her watch. BTW does anyone remember when the FBI nailed Hispanic member if the Houston City Council for taking bribes a few years ago? Is the FBI racist too for tracking down law breakers?
12:53 AM
Anonymous said...
Very ugly Isiah. You're one of the least interesting and informative reporters on the local scene. All of your "stories" are thinly veiled political and racist attacks. Your credibility begins and ends with the bitter, biggoted, angry leftists that embrace Hugo Chavez and curse President Bush. You're an affirmative-action joke.
8:25 PM
Zeke, you better leave those racist folk alone before they get together on line and string you up on that cross you keep posting. But seriously, those are the very people accusing you of racism. The same people who dare you to acknowledge racism exists while they practice it on a daily basis. They'll probably say their best friends are black. They just don't tell you that best friend is their housekeeper.
ReplyDeleteWill
ATL in the house
Julie JAMESON says - I used to get anonymous letters. I threw that shit away. YOU GOT A COMMENT? SIGN YO NAME LAMO PEEPS. REAL journalists do not name sources. Isiah - you are the BEST.
ReplyDeleteWow.... without criticism where would a reporter be?????? You'd probably be bored. Looks like you've encountered enough on this particular story to last you awhile. Everyone's entitled to a personal opinion.. that's the reason for the site- but,this is totally about you now. Where are the names behind these strong gestures? Now you really don't know who's upset with you??????????? I'll list mine okay. A.F.(smile)
ReplyDeleteFor whatever reason, some people are ignorant to the fact… well, I wouldn’t even go as far as calling ‘em ignorant – that’s a cop out… *starting over* some people blind themselves to the fact that racism is alive and well. Whether we want to admit it or not, we all have some degree of prejudice within us. It’s human nature. On the other hand, some of us choose to openly display that degree of prejudice. I’m not at all familiar with the issue at hand, but this is your blog. And if you choose to create an entry giving your opinion, you’re entitled to do so… from your point of view!
ReplyDeleteKeep your head above the water!
Isiah I've seen how you manage to sneak in racist comments while covering Enron, also those racist words were slipping out on the anchor desk and let's not forget about the racist interview with Tom Delay several weeks back. Isiah you should totally ignore these folk who are tying to harass you from their insignificant existence. They wish they could reach and impact as many people as you do. So there only other option is to attack you since you have so graciously given them a medium.
ReplyDeleteLee W.
Some people feel more comfortable being anonymous because we now live in an era that embraces the McCarthyism of the Left. People who express Conservative thought are unfairly targeted by you guys for our diverse opinion. I agree that racism is alive and well. White men are the only group that is legally (but unconstitutionally) discriminated against. And this discrimination is enforced by the US government! So people who have benefitted from preferential treatment their entire careers, while implying that I'm a racist can pretend they're being honest, but we both know better. So if you must address me, you can simply call me anonymous one. Or not. I don't care. If I don't respect your reporting or your politics, I hardly think I could respect your opinion.
ReplyDeleteIsiah,
ReplyDeleteyou just got to ignore that racist who obviously has nothing to do but come to your site and pick a fight under the cloak of coward, biggoted, ignorant, anonymity...I say to hell with him. And use that IP address and send what he's been writing to his job, family and friends.
Jason Ramos
(I use my name)