FELON OR GUEST WORKER??????????????????

You've seen the protests/demonstrations from California to Texas over the weekend. Mexican Americans upset by the proposed federal legislation that would threatened to imprison millions of undocumented workers. While Congress is looking at turning the crime of illegally entering the United States into a felony they're also considering President Bush's promise of a guest worker program. This has sharply divided the country. Some Mexican Americans say US citizens only appreciate immigrants who work cheap and take the jobs Americans don't want. While some Americans say even though immigrants provide a needed workforce they are a heavy burden on the system through programs like Medicaid/Medicare and welfare. The debate will rage on, so the question is how do you feel. Should people who illegally enter the country be considered a felon? And should there be a guest worker program where undocumented workers are allowed to stay and work in the country for a limited amount of time?
Absolutely they should be considered felons. Why should we give these people more rights than people who are going through the legal channels to become citizens? Why should we condone breaking the law? My husband and I work very hard to support our family, and I HIGHLY resent that illegals are able to get free health care, welfare, food stamps, etc. It isn't FREE, it is paid for by our tax dollars.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe that these illegals are marching with Mexican flags changing "Mexico, Mexico." If they are so proud of Mexico, they are more than welcome to go back.
Why aren't the police arresting these students for breaking the 9-2:30 curfew, and for being truant? Why aren't the police rounding up these illegals who are marching in all of these cities, demanding citizenship papers, and arresting them if they are illegal?
These protests are awakening the sleeping giant of the "silent majority". I am so angry about this!
What did HISD think it was doing by sending buses down to to City Hall to pick up the protesting students? They aided and abetted this protest by doing so. Their spokemsan can whine about the safety of the kids if Paige wants, but if the students themselves were concerned about that or their studies, they'd have been in class.
ReplyDeleteYou know what annoys me? There is ZERO chance of getting even 10,000 counter protesters. Everyone knows that the moment they step forward to organize such a thing, the liberal press in this town will pillory them as racist KKK wanna-be's.
Ubu Roi
VIVA MEXIO!!
ReplyDeleteI may or may not agree with what the issue is at hand, but I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the actions of the protesters. I can recall while in high school, the district wanted to end our athletics program because we were excelling academically but struggling athletically at our school. We staged a walkout to the administration building, and the district's decision was reversed. If the bill is enacted or fail, I give them an "A" for fighting for what they believe in... Boston Tea Party? Where are the fighters?
ReplyDelete^^^ ???
ReplyDeletelet em stay...send them a bill for ALL the taxes they owe...close the borders to everyone until we catch Osama bin Laden
ReplyDeleteHELLO!! Where IS everyhbody who should be putting a stop to this nonsense!! This should not even be an issue! If you are here illegally, then where do you get off protesting and telling the CITIZENS of this country you should have all the same rights that WE have!! Uh, duh! I don't THINK so!! If you want the right to live and work here and all the other rights, including protesting OUR laws, then do what the rest of us immigrants and our ancestors have done and get LEGALIZED!!!!!!! I wholeheartedly agree with "anonymous" who said, "I cannot believe that these illegals are marching with Mexican flags charging "Mexico, Mexico." If they are so proud of Mexico, they are more than welcome to go back."!! AMEN to that!!!!! I don't think anything has ever ticked me off so much in my whole life!! I also agree with being angry about the free healthcare and welfare. Here we have to struggle so hard to make a good life for our families and descendants, but they get these things for free, and they don't even belong to this country!
ReplyDeleteI have heard these people saying that this country can't afford to have them leave. I hate to burst their bubble, but we have an awful lot of people in this country without jobs that would probably be thankful to have these jobs which have, in my opinion, been stolen from them by these illegals, who should not be allowed to work here anyway! Sorry, but I seriously doubt there would be much hardship for long if they left. Those jobs would be filled. So I say, so long, farewell, goodbye, don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out...! Oh, and don't forget to pay your tax debt on the way out!!