Tuesday, April 04, 2006

MICHAEL BERRY AND MARY WILSON TOGETHER IN HOUSTON!!!!





MOTOWN AND HOUSTON TOURING THE DISTRICT!!!!!

Former Supreme Mary Wilson will be in Houston this weekend and on the arm of city councilman Michael Berry. She'll perform Saturday night at the Stafford Centre. Now, on Friday, Wilson will be escorted by Berry to Westbury and Yates high schools and Cullen Middle School. She'll tell students that the first step to success is "daring to dream about conquering the world." "It's an inspirational discussion — it's my story," Wilson said. "I've gone through some heavy-duty things, like a very meager beginning, and worked my way up. I was able to do it because first I dreamed about success, and then I achieved it. I refused to let anything keep me down." In the late '50s, Wilson, only 13 at the time, started singing with a couple of friends from the Detroit projects. And the rest is history....

No comments:

Post a Comment