NFL sources told FOX 26 Sports Monday the Houston Texans fired defensive coordinator Frank Bush.
There continue to be strong indications the Texans will replace Bush with former Dallas Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips.
On Bush's watch the Texans had their best defense in 2009, but slipped badly in 2010.
This season the Texans finished 30th in total defense and dead last, 32nd in pass defense.
Bush, who has been with the team for four years and took over as defensive coordinator prior to the 2009 season, clearly anticipated the move when he spoke with the media on Friday.
"I just got to keep chopping," Bush said after the team's final workout. "I got to go out and try to find a way to sell myself to another organization. I'll stay positive. I'll stay upbeat. I'll keep believing in the things I do.
"Quite frankly I felt like we had the right approach. Things didn't work out, but I'll still go out and I'll stay positive about the whole situation and keep moving forward."
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:
Post a Comment